Alaskan Getaways with Drifters Lodge
Cooper Landing, Alaska, has become one of the premier destinations for fishing in the state. Still, there are a plethora of other activities to engage in while embarking on an Alaskan getaway. Located in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula, Cooper Landing serves as the perfect basecamp for adventurers exploring Alaska’s playground. Conveniently located on the north end of Kenai Lake, right off of the Sterling Highway, this town of 289 sees it’s population swell in the summer as outdoor enthusiasts from all over the world come to experience this slice of paradise. Surrounded by majestic mountains and scenic wilderness, it’s no wonder that Cooper Landing, Alaska, has risen to such prominence.
10 Things to Do While Visiting Cooper Landing, Alaska
There are so many activities to enjoy and landmarks to visit in Cooper Landing that it can feel a bit overwhelming to decide. We’ve put together a list of ten outstanding things to experience on your Alaskan getaway.
- Take a visit to the K’beq’ Interpretive Site to learn about how Cooper Landing, Alaska, came to be while immersing yourself in the region’s rich Native American heritage.
- Hike up to explore the revered Russian River Falls and watch as massive sockeye salmon leap their way through powerful currents. There is also a good chance you’ll see bears feasting on this otherworldly display, so bring a camera!
- Speaking of bears, Drifters Lodge offers fly-in bear viewing excursions to some of the most remote areas around Cooper Landing. Bear watching has become a must-do outing for many Alaskan getaways. You’ll certainly want a camera for this one.
- Go on a day trip to one of the popular surrounding towns of Seward, Girdwood, and Homer. Cooper Landing, Alaska, is in a centralized location, so take advantage of the many exploration opportunities!
- Scenic and white water rafting are both great adventures. While we encourage you to try each of them, your choice will likely come down to how much adrenaline you want pumping through your veins. Lucky for you, Drifters Lodge offers both!
- Go on an ATV Tour of Kenai Peninsula’s backcountry. Chugach State Park provides the perfect backdrop as you zip through the Alaskan temperate rainforest.
- Glacial Jet Skiing is one of the most liberating experiences and belongs atop your Alaskan getaway bucket list. Small watercraft allows you to get up close and personal to every nook and cranny of Blackstone Bay, revealing the fine details embedded in these rock formations.
- Kayaking is a tranquil alternative to jet skiing and can be enjoyed by anyone eight years or older. Choose from a relaxed beginner’s trip to Resurrection Bay or an intense day of kayaking and hiking at Caines Head State Recreation Area.
- Flightseeing presents the treasured Alaskan landscape like nothing else. There’s no fighting for windows in a tiny floatplane as every seat provides an excellent vantage point. This gravity-fueled adrenaline rush starts as you take off from Trail Lake to witness a bird’s eye view of this majestic alpine peninsula.
- Fly-In fishing is an adventure that every avid angler should embark on. Set out into the unknown with nothing but your trusty guide, a tackle bag, and the desire to trek where very few have. Nothing says solitude like looking down at your destination as you mentally prepare for the splendor that is Alaskan fishing.
An Alaskan Getaway on the Kenai Peninsula
They call the Kenai Peninsula the playground of Alaska for a good reason. The many activities featured above merely scratch the surface of what you can expect upon visiting Drifters Lodge in Cooper Landing, Alaska. From bird watching to zip-lining, Drifters Lodge has it all! Please visit us online or call 907-595-5555 for more information on how we can help cross items off your bucket list!