There’s no denying the sheer beauty of The Last Frontier, especially Kenai Fjords National Park, one of the world’s natural wonders. Yes, Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula is home to the best salmon fishing in the world, but our gorgeous slice of wilderness is also a jaw-dropping natural landscape full of majestic wildlife, breathtaking glaciers, and complex, rugged mountain ranges. Kenai River Drifters Lodge, the premier Cooper Landing lodging option, proudly provides our guests with a genuinely once-in-a-lifetime experience: the six-hour Seward Wildlife / Glacier Cruise.
Seward Wildlife / Glacier Cruise
This popular cruise will glide past some of the most beautiful places in Alaska, including Cape Resurrection, Holgate Glacier, and the Chiswell Islands.
- Holgate Glacier – The main event on this cruise is the stunning, slowly-advancing Holgate Glacier. Despite being one of the smaller tidewater glaciers in the area, it’s one of the most popular attractions because it’s a fantastic locale to spot ice calving. On most days, the ship will motor along the edge of the glacier – an ethereal experience, even for repeat visitors!
- Cape Resurrection – Each cruise will visit either Cape Resurrection or the Chiswell Islands depending on the weather, season, and always-shifting wildlife. But let’s start with Cape Resurrection, one of the best places to observe Steller sea lions, rare seabirds, and whales along the Kenai Peninsula. This cape is home to dozens of breathtaking batholiths that inexplicably jut high above the ocean’s surface. The cape rests on the east side of vast Resurrection Bay, yet another stunning body of water.
- Chiswell Islands – If you find islands, batholiths, coves, and unique rock formations as magnificent as we do, you’re going to fall in love with the Chiswell Islands. This island chain rests in the entrance to Aialik Bay, where you’ll also discover Holgate Glacier. This stretch of water is home to thriving Steller sea lion, sea otter, puffin, and whale populations – remember to bring your camera!
Extra Information / Advantages
Here is a quick rundown of this cruise’s advantages:
- There is a charismatic, knowledgeable National Park Ranger on every cruise.
- Complimentary binoculars are available to all!
- Voyageurs can enjoy an inexpensive salmon and prime rib buffet, which can be reserved at the time of booking.
- Each guest is guaranteed reserved seating in a heated cabin.
- Your little ones can enroll in a fun and educational “Junior Ranger Program.”
- Each high-speed catamaran has multiple viewing decks and fog-free windows.
Waterfront Cooper Landing Lodging
Whether you’re visiting Cooper Landing for an all-inclusive Kenai River salmon fishing trip or a great Alaskan outdoor adventure, you’ll always be treated like family here at Kenai River Drifters Lodge. We have a wide variety of rustic, clean, and affordable Cooper Landing lodging options ranging from private cabins to cozy main lodge rooms. Browse through our seemingly endless adventure activities, including hiking, whitewater rafting, and bear-viewing, by visiting us online at DriftersLodge.com!